Re: NM non-process

On Mon, Jul 21, 2003 at 10:17:24AM -0400, Nathanael Nerode wrote:

> Martin Schulze is listed as the other DAM member.  He's also the Press
> Contact, so I certainly hope he has good communication skills!

And the Stable Release Manager, and a member of the Security Team, and
a member of debian-admin.  What makes you think he would give a higher
priority to DAM work than James currently does?

Actually, given that Joey is already listed as part of DAM, and isn't
actively involved, doesn't this suggest he already gives a lower
priority to this work?

> If he doesn't want to, the DPL should really do something.

Such as...?

I don't think it irrelevant that those clamouring loudest for the DPL
to do something to fix the situation are people who don't actually have
a say in the outcome of DPL elections.  While I'm not happy to see such
long DAM wait times, I'm also not volunteering to take on the thankless
job myself.

Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer