Re: NM non-process

On Mon, Jul 21, 2003 at 10:17:24AM -0400, Nathanael Nerode wrote:

> Martin Schulze is listed as the other DAM member.  He's also the Press
> Contact, so I certainly hope he has good communication skills!

And the Stable Release Manager, and a member of the Security Team, and
a member of debian-admin.  What makes you think he would give a higher
priority to DAM work than James currently does?

Actually, given that Joey is already listed as part of DAM, and isn't
actively involved, doesn't this suggest he already gives a lower
priority to this work?

> If he doesn't want to, the DPL should really do something.

Such as...?

I don't think it irrelevant that those clamouring loudest for the DPL
to do something to fix the situation are people who don't actually have
a say in the outcome of DPL elections.  While I'm not happy to see such
long DAM wait times, I'm also not volunteering to take on the thankless
job myself.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer