Re: Excessive wait for DAM - something needs to be done

On Fri, Jul 18, 2003 at 11:38:37PM +1000, Hamish Moffatt wrote:

> That page doesn't say that the DAM vets all applicants; it appears to
> describe more of a technical/administration role:

>     Leader, as described in the Debian Constitution, and have the
>     exclusive power to create and remove accounts.

> Given that delegation (both the roles and who is assigned to them) seems to
> be entirely the decision of the DPL, perhaps you could update the above
> description to describe what's really going on.

If someone's been delegated the power to create and remove accounts one
might hope that they'd have reasons for doing so rather than just acting
at random.  What I remember of the discussion at the time new-maintainer
was set up was that the focus was on trying to make it easier for the
DAM to assess applicants as much as anything else.