Re: Excessive wait for DAM - something needs to be done

On Thu, Jul 17, 2003 at 01:03:36PM -0500, Adam Heath wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Jul 2003, Matt Ryan wrote:
> > Adam Heath wrote:

> > > Read the list archives.  You'll find that this person might never
> > > be allowed into debian.
> >
> > FFS, yet again the big children in the playground take away the toys
> > from the others. I can't see why this poor person has been excluded
> > from joining the gang other than malicious intent from the DAM. I'm
> > happy to be one of the 5 sponsors if they are still interested - any
> > other volunteers to help show Debian is not a bunch of snobby
> > w*nkers?
>
> This person won't be allowed in because of stonewalling from the
> powers that be, but because the person has demonstrated publically a
> multitude of times, that he is not deserving of the *privledge*.
>
> It's not everyone's god given *right* to become a developer.  You have
> to prove your worth.

If that is truly the case then the DAM comments should reflect that.  As
it stands currently I would expect that if the user was able to meet
DAM's request of getting 5 sponsors then he be accepted.  As others have
stated this process should be transparent.  If there's a problem with
an application it should be clearly noted, much like the way bugs are
currently handled, for all to see.

--
Jamin W. Collins

To be nobody but yourself when the whole world is trying it's best night
and day to make you everybody else is to fight the hardest battle any
human being will fight. -- E.E. Cummings