Re: Excessive wait for DAM - something needs to be done

On Wed, 16 Jul 2003, Matt Ryan wrote:

> Adam Heath wrote:
> > On Sun, 13 Jul 2003, Jamin W. Collins wrote:
> >
> > > 2000-12-17 - Eray Ozkural <erayo@cs.bilkent.edu.tr>
> > >    http://nm.debian.org/nmstatus.php?email=erayo%40cs.bilkent.edu.tr
> > >    * DAM Comment: Have asked applicant to get 5 sponsors.
> >
> > Read the list archives.  You'll find that this person might never be
> allowed
> > into debian.
>
> FFS, yet again the big children in the playground take away the toys from
> the others. I can't see why this poor person has been excluded from joining
> the gang other than malicious intent from the DAM. I'm happy to be one of
> the 5 sponsors if they are still interested - any other volunteers to help
> show Debian is not a bunch of snobby w*nkers?

This person won't be allowed in because of stonewalling from the powers that
be, but because the person has demonstrated publically a multitude of times,
that he is not deserving of the *privledge*.

It's not everyone's god given *right* to become a developer.  You have to
prove your worth.