Re: Excessive wait for DAM - something needs to be done

Steve Langasek asked:
>Are you saying that you intend to go on record as sponsoring this NM,
>not on grounds of familiarity with his work, but because you're opposed
>to the existence of a central authority that decides who is given
>developer access?

Based on what was originally stated about the list archives providing proof
of why they shouldn't be allowed to be a developer - yes. In a subsequent
private email I have been told that problems are apparent with the 'quality'
of the packaging which I'm planning to investigate before moving forward.
What happens next depends on this investigation but if it turns out to be a
difference of opinion rather than a deep technical problem than I'll go on
record and sponsor.

Matt.