Re: default MTA for sarge

* Craig Sanders (cas@taz.net.au) [030715 01:35]:
> actually, it's trivially easy.  i created my own transport ("vpop" to add
> X-Original-To headers to POP multidrop mailboxes...obsolete now, postfix can do
> this natively) within a week of first installing postfix several years ago.

Wow, you're sooo cool. I'm sure most admins can create custom
transports for both exim4 and postfix a few hours after the first
installation.

> i think your complaints are more telling about yourself than about postfix.

More your answers.

> 5 minutes work for anyone willing to read documentation.

> [...]
> exim may work by weird voodoo, but postfix runs on science.  the documentation
> is clear and concise, there are READMEs and FAQs covering common questions, the
> default config files and (empty) map files are full of commented documentation,
> and there are man pages for everything....no need for "sekr1t spells".

I've never needed spells for exim4, and perhaps you should follow your
own advise and read the documentation. If you have arguments please
tell them, but stop slandering.

Cheers,
Andi
--