Re: Close old RFP/ITPs?

On Sat, Jul 05, 2003, Andreas Barth wrote:

> is it usefull/ok to close old RFP/ITP-entrys? "old" means for me more
> than year since the last mail for ITP, and 2 years for RFP. Of course
> I would write mail first whether the package is still wanted

   I do not think old RFPs should be closed, at least on the sole basis
that they are old. Even if the submitter is no longer interested, other
people may be, and there is no way to know how many they are.

   A clean-up is probably needed though, for instance #186174 (xyzzy)
is a rather silly RFP, it should at most be a wishlist bug for whatever
console games package we have.

Regards,
--
Sam.