Re: Please remove RFCs from the documentation in Debian packages

On Thu, Jul 03, 2003 at 06:01:08PM +0200, Josselin Mouette wrote:

 > Or else, if the standards are not free, let them in non-free. We're not
 > going to let non-free documents enter main just because they are called
 > RFC's or W3C recommendations.

 Yet we let them in because they are called licenses.  And no, I'm not
 asking to be able to change the _contract_ between the copyright owner
 and the licensee.  I'm talking about the file.  I'm talking about this:

     Everyone is permitted to copy and distribute verbatim copies of
     this license document, but changing it is not allowed.

 It doesn't get any more non-free than that, does it?

 Marcelo