Re: Concurrent CLEAN Package

On Thu, Jul 03, 2003 at 01:57:54PM +0800, ZHAO Wei wrote:

||  Last I mentioned my intention to package CLEAN for Debian. Someone
||  (Sorry I lost your email.) replied me that there is already a CLEAN
||  package for Debian. But I can't find the package from apt-cache. I
||  thought it was still waiting in incoming queue so I waited for awhile,
||  but it's still not there.
||  Can you tell me the current status of CLEAN in Debian?

Are you on the Clean mailing list?  If not, go to
http://www.cs.kun.nl/~clean/.  You can ask on the mailing list about
debianising Clean.

It will not go into main because of license restrictions (not for
commercial purposes), unless they've changed the license recently.

There was also the problem of having to bootstrap the compiler using
the old closed source compiler, because it's written in Clean itself,
but the new compiler can be used for it now.

I myself may have said something once about debianising Clean (used to
work there), but I don't remember really, and it is probably a little
too much for me now.

Ciao.                                                         Vincent.