Re: Debconf or not debconf

On Wed, Jul 02, 2003 at 08:53:57PM -0400, Joe Drew wrote:
> Joey Hess has mentioned, and I agree (see 199722), that debconf notes
> should really be named (and should always be interpreted as) warnings.

Huh.  I thought it was supposed to be even stricter than that; errors
only.

E.g.:

Template: xserver-xfree86/config/device/bus_id_error
Type: note
 The BusID should be a string in the following format:
 .
 bustype:bus:device:function
 .
 Where "bustype" is "PCI" for PCI and AGP video cards, and each of "bus",
 "device", and "function" is a decimal (not hexadecimal) value.  For example,
 "PCI:0:16:0" is valid input (without the double-quotes).

I'm trying to get my debconf notes down to just input validation errors.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |       The key to being a Southern
Debian GNU/Linux                   |       Baptist: It ain't a sin if you