Kernel build dependencies for prepackaged modules

My kernel module packages (lm-sensors and i2c) both build-depend on
kernel-build-2.4.20-1, which provides enough bits to build packages
(as far as I can tell, successfully).  Problem is, evidence suggests
that kernel-build-2.4.20-1 is i386-only.  I'm looking at moving to
2.4.21, but kernel-build-2.4.21-1 also appears to just be an i386
thing.  It looked like kernel-tree-2.4.21 might be useful for this,
but it doesn't obviously appear to depend on architecture-specific
patches and doesn't give any clue as to what flavors exist and has *no
documentation at all*.

Is there actually something I can build-depend on that will get me
correct headers for the kernels on whatever platform I'm building on?

	-- Abra Mitchell