Re: How to Avoid GPL Issue

"G. C." <gpc01532@hotmail.com> a tapoté :

> Dear Sir or Madam,
>
> Currently we are trying to port some third party code to Linux
> kernel. Some modules of third party code need to be ported into Linux
> kernel and some drivers need to be ported from Vxworks to Linux
> drivers. The problem we have is that this third party does not allow
> us to publicize its code as Linux GPL requires.
>
> Is there any approach that we can avoid publicizing the third party
> code while porting to Linux? Do we need to write some shim layer code
> in Linux kernel to interface the third party code? How can we do that?
> Is there any document or samples?
>
> Your assistance is deeply appreciated,

Hi,

As far I know, this list is related to Debian GNU/Linux development,
not to the linux software. So your message is off-topic.

Anyway, the better approach, IMHO, is to convince this third party to
publicize its code. As a "Linux lover", I'm sure you understand that a
reason of the success of this kernel is the way the code is
publicized.

--
Mathieu Roy

  Homepage: