Re: [mass bug filing?] Short descriptions being used as long descriptions and other policy violations

Benj. Mako Hill wrote:
>>>I don't think that filing a bug saying that "Your extended package
>>>description does not meet Debian policy requirements. Please consider
>>>writing 4-5 lines to give sysadmins an idea what your package can do
>>>for them." means asking too much from a Debian maintainer.
>>You don't. But I can't help but think that there are a lot of
>>obvious maintainer's duties more or less neglected - often by simple
>>obmission, but sometimes patterns show.
> Often, as in this case, those lapses in obvious (and documented)
> maintainer duties, constitute bugs in a package. Maybe I'm
> misunderstanding something in your argument here.

My argument was based on a matrix lintian error tags <-> maintainers.
There's lintian tags practically "owned" by maintainers. That's what I meant
with patterns. In those cases, pointing things out directly will help more.
In some cases, description deficiencies may be related to English skills (I'm
not a native speaker myself). In those cases patches can achieve much more than
bugs without patches.

Cheers

T.