Re: maildirmake

Am Die, 2003-06-24 um 03.46 schrieb Matthew Palmer:
> On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 anobo@gmx.de wrote:
>
> > Now I'm wondering about it even more.  IMHO `maildirmake' is _very_
> > necessary for any mail and as it seems to be only a 2-line-shell-script
> > why it isn't included anywhere and anyway in the base-system?
>
> As I recall, maildirmake is only needed if you are running Maildir-based
> MDAs, which Debian does not by default[1].  That is enough of a reason not
> to ship it in the base system, regardless of whether it's a two line shell
> script or not.
I use offlineimap to get my remote IMAP Folders synced with my laptop.
Offlineimap writes directly to maildirs. So I think there _are_ cases
where no courier is needed, but a maildirmake program.

I installed another package thats comes with a maildirmake program, but
a real maildirmake package would be nicer ;), maybe a maildir toolbox or
something like that would be usefull.

*snip*

formorer

--
Alexander "formorer" Wirt       KeyID: BC7D020A
EMail: formorer@formorer.de     ICQ: 28651245