Re: [mass bug filing?] Short descriptions being used as long descriptions and other policy violations

Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña <jfs@computer.org> wrote:
[...]
> However I've found a number of packages which use a long description which
> is more or less the _same_ as the short description. Sample:
> $ apt-cache show kdebase-data
> (...)
> KDE Base (shared data).
> .
> This package is part of the official KDE base module.

> And some (2) others which do not provide an extended description at all or
> provide an extended description of only one line. I've used an ugly scripts
> (attached) which produces ugly results (attached too).

> I was wondering, should I make a mass filing of bugs for those packages
> who fail to produce a proper description?
[...]

I doubt that just filing bugs without fix makes sense, OTOH
if you planned to submit 10 reports with "the description sucks, here
is better one - tags:patch" instead of 100 simply stating "the
description sucks", please go ahead. ;-)
              cu andreas