Re: aptitude borked [was: Re: Fun with python-apt]

On Fri, Jun 20, 2003 at 10:27:14AM -0400, David A. Greene wrote:

> Matt Zimmerman wrote:
>
> >If you had wanted to find out the answer before sending this to
> >debian-devel, you would not have had to look very far.
> >bugs.debian.org/python-apt has the answer three times over.
> >
> >http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=193566
>
> That's not particularly helpful.  Consider my situation:
>
> # aptitude dist-upgrade
> [...]
> 67 packages upgraded, 46 newly installed, 0 to remove and 39 not upgraded.
> Need to get 0B/106MB of archives. After unpacking 55.0MB will be used.
> Do you want to continue? [Y/n/e/d/v/action/?] y
> Writing extended state information... Done
> /bin/sh: line 1: /usr/bin/apt-listchanges: No such file or directory
> E: Failure running script /usr/bin/apt-listchanges --apt || test $? -ne 10
> Ack!  Something bad happened while installing packages.  Trying to recover:
> Reading Package Lists... Done
> Building Dependency Tree
> Reading extended state information... Done

Again, the answer to your problem lies in the bug tracking system, and this
time, the bug is already fixed:

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=89830&archive=yes

In apt 0.5.5+ this should no longer be a problem.  You can also work around
this by purging apt-listchanges, instead of just removing it.

--
 - mdz