Re: Alioth docs? Renaming a project possible?

Marc Haber (2003-06-19 17:13:10 +0200) :

> Is it possible to rename a project on alioth, or should one prepare
> to live with a project name for all time being, or risk losing
> project history?

There is currently no sure-fire automated or manual way to accomplish
this.  Changing the name of the project in the DB is doable, but there
are other places where the name has to be changed: Unix group name,
directory, CVS repository, mailing-lists, probably more (this lack of
a complete list of which we're sure is what prevents the sure-fire
manual thing).  It's a request that we hear from time to time, though.
We (upstream developers for Gforge, maintainers for the Gforge
package, admin team for the Gforge instance known as Alioth) are more
focused on fixing bugs in the code and in the installation scripts for
now, but project renaming is something we'll try to do at some point,
promise.

  Of course, any help is welcome to make that happen sooner :-)

Roland.
--
Roland Mas

- Ogenki desuka, yau de poêle ?