Alioth docs? Renaming a project possible?

Hi,

suppose that there is a package foo, packaged for debian as foo.
Unfortunately, foo's upstream has gone commercial a few years ago, so
there is not much progress in foo's upstream sources. Since foo has a
wide user base, some other people have started to maintain foo-patched
which has not yet progressed into Debian, but a lot of people roll
their own local foo-patched packages.

I would now like to start a coordinated effort to improve foo
packaging by introducing foo-patched into Debian and I would like to
use alioth as a coordination "center".

While I think that for the first time foo and foo-patched would exist
parallel to each other, it will probably be that foo will eventually
replaced by foo-patched even for the foo package.

Is it possible to rename a project on alioth, or should one prepare to
live with a project name for all time being, or risk losing project
history?

Any hints will be appreciated.

Greetings
Marc