Re: Proposal: removing libc5, altgcc and all their old-days dependencies

On Wed, 18 Jun 2003, Francesco P. Lovergine wrote:

> IMO it's a good moment to drop all the following i386-specific packages
> which are libc5 related:

[SNIP]

> and others, partially.
>
> This could impact potentially very old (commercial mostly) binaries,
> Comments, ideas, complaints?

I agree with this removal. I don't really see any reason to keep such old
pieces of software anymore (specially when they don't work properly
anymore or it looks like)

Fabio

--
Our mission: make IPv6 the default IP protocol
"We are on a mission from God" - Elwood Blues

http://www.itojun.org/paper/itojun-nanog-200210-ipv6isp/mgp00004.html