Re: Advice needed : Oracle and Debian Linux

On Sun, Jun 15, 2003 at 01:05:13PM +0100, Steve Kemp wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 15, 2003 at 01:51:46PM +0200, Michael Meskes wrote:
>
> > Oracle will refuse to give you any support unless you run redhat. They
> > do tell you privately that it works nicely on debian, but no official
> > support will be given.
>
>   That's mostly true, they still certify SuSE Linux as well as RedHat.
>
>   I run Oracle with support under SuSE 7.2, and have unsupported
>  installations running on Debian too - but not in a production
>  capacity.  I'd love to have Debian be a supported platform so that I
>  don't have to maintain two seperate distributions.

A "little" question from an user:
What could Debian do to be supported by Oracle?
Is there any way to contact them and become a supported distribution?

Yes, I know that business are business but... :)

Greets,

--
Antonio Pérez Pérez                  |        aperez@aditel.org
http://www.aditel.org/weblog/aperez  | antonio.perez.perez@hispalinux.es