Re: Every spam is sacred

On Mon, 16 Jun 2003 19:37, Jesus Climent wrote:
> >  account via Debian machines, I guess the reduction in bandwidth usage
> >  by master and murphy is not to be taken lightly.
>
> The bandwidth reduction will only happen if you decide to discard the mail,
> since the mail will always be accepted, scanned to find the IP which
> originated the message, the IP will be checked agains the database and then
> the mail will be tagged.

The usual implementation of DNSBL systems is to check the client IP address as
soon as the TCP connection comes in, and disconnect with an appropriate error
message if it's an IP address that you don't like.

That saves a lot of bandwidth, and the mail is not discarded, it is left on
the sending machine to be bounced in an appropriate manner back to the
sender.