Re: Every spam is sacred

On Thu, Jun 12, 2003 at 11:20:12PM +0200, Marcelo E. Magallon wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 12, 2003 at 02:18:57AM +0200, Santiago Vila wrote:
>
>  > How can they say "no" to using some of them in /warn mode ... ?
>
>  Santiago holds that more than half of the spam could be eventually
>  avoided.  I'd very much like to see hard evidence against or in favor
>  that assertion.  Given the ammount of spam that I get delived to my
>  account via Debian machines, I guess the reduction in bandwidth usage
>  by master and murphy is not to be taken lightly.

The bandwidth reduction will only happen if you decide to discard the mail,
since the mail will always be accepted, scanned to find the IP which
originated the message, the IP will be checked agains the database and then
the mail will be tagged.

The reduction happens in the output, but the load might increase in the
server.

mooch

--
Jesus Climent | Unix SysAdm | Helsinki, Finland | pumuki.hispalinux.es
GPG: 1024D/86946D69 BB64 2339 1CAA 7064 E429  7E18 66FC 1D7F 8694 6D69

I say you are Lord, and I should know. I've followed a few.
		--Arthur (Life of Brian)