Re: New kernel image naming structure

Adam Warner <lists@consulting.net.nz> a tapoté :
> All the upgrade packages would provide is a dependency upon the
> latest relevant kernel image and a conflict with previous (perhaps
> n-2) binary versions so that previous build versions can be easily
> removed or purged at the same time packages are upgraded.

Your proposal seems very interesting to me. That said, it should never
remove a previously installed kernel package - or it should be a
debconf option.

Personally, I like keeping several kernel on my computers, just in
case the latest one proves to have serious troubles and require to get
back to an old one that successfully ran for months.

--
Mathieu Roy

  Homepage:
    http://yeupou.coleumes.org