Re: Removal of automake1.5

On Wed, Jun 11, 2003 at 07:48:50AM -0400, Stephen Frost wrote:
> * Eric Dorland (eric@debian.org) wrote:
> > * Branden Robinson (branden@debian.org) wrote:
> > > You should probably send this to debian-devel-announce.  Developers are
> > > not required to be subscribed to debian-devel, and so may not be aware
> > > of this message otherwise.
> >
> > Yes, I was torn between doing that and not, because of it's somewhat
> > limited interest. But since you've seconded it, I feel much more
> > justified :)
>
> You could have just email'd the appropriate maintainers.  If you really
> felt like telling everyone then you could have sent an email to d-d-a
> saying that too, though I don't think it'd have been necessary.

I disagree.  To do as you suggested just encourages more developers to
come down with Sven LUTHER syndrome[1].

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-vote/1999/debian-vote-199906/msg00038.html

--
G. Branden Robinson                |       The last Christian died on the
Debian GNU/Linux                   |       cross.