Re: help: disabling relinking stupidity in libtool

On Tue, Jun 10, 2003 at 07:18:02PM +0200, Andreas Jellinghaus wrote:
> what happens if you build your software inside a chain
> root where exactly that is installed what you need
> and nothing else?
>
> I.e. libgimp is not installed, so libtool cannot
> possibly link new libraries to old ones?

So it will fail to relink the libraries and the package build will fail.
That's how it was when I resorted to using pbuilder to solve the same
problem with my packages.

BTW: It does not fail in the sense that libtool returns an error code
stopping the make. In fact the library is just not rebuild and of course
the compiled and correctly linked version is not available anymore
either so you end up with a package without the library.

If you find a way to more thoroughly break this I would be very
surprised...

Greetings

	Torsten