Re: texmf.cnf again

On Wed, Jun 04, 2003 at 01:01:18AM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:

 > 	It is an either or situation -- give us your configuration
 >  files, or forever lose out on any configuration change the
 >  maintainers do, even though that shall break your packages.

 Sure, I wasn't claiming it's perfect.  It's just better than before,
 this time you have the chance that you don't want your local
 modifications overwritten at seemingly random times.

 My point is that given the way the question is written, its priority
 and default answer seem to counter its purpose.

 Marcelo