Re: new bug tags

On Sun, Jun 01, 2003 at 08:17:55AM +0100, Colin Watson wrote:
> Surely porters can already recognize architecture-specific issues based
> on, let's say, the packages which fail to build on their architecture
> (which seems to make up at least 90% of porting bugs)?

Uh, sure. But that's not the point; right now, there's no single place
that lists up all architecture-specific bugs, and it's hard to do so
automatically. Which is a problem, since at times, it could be
interesting to go through all arch-specific bugs.

Sure, one could go through wanna-build's list of failed builds, and
check each and every package for bugreports; but that is a very tedious
thing to do, and as such, I don't usually do so. It would be a nice
thing if architecture-specific bugs could be identified in an easy way,
such as through a tag.

--
Wouter Verhelst
"An expert can usually spot the difference between a fake charge and a