dbtcp RFP->ITP

retitle 114398 ITP: dbtcp -- A client for the MS Windows ODBC proxy server
thanks

[Please reply to me, Cc'ing the list, as per the M-F-T header].

Hi all!
Just a quick note to say that I've packaged up dbtcp, and am thus taking
over the RFA (#114398). It was pretty fun to package - a PHP4 module
that ostensibly needs to be built in-tree. However, it took a nice
hand-hacked Makefile to make it build out-of-tree, and even then it has
some fun issues.

PHP4 installs to /usr/lib/php4/<date>, where date is probably the
release date (it's 20020429, currently). I can work out the directory to
install to (php-config --extension-dir), but how should I handle this in
package relationships? If the date changes, php4-dbtcp suddenly becomes
useless - PHP's looking in a different directory for its extensions.

Anyway, the debs are at:
deb http://www.trinity.unimelb.edu.au/~dstone/debian/ dbtcp/
deb-src http://www.trinity.unimelb.edu.au/~dstone/debian/ dbtcp/

Cheers!
:) d

--
Daniel Stone                                     <dstone@trinity.unimelb.edu.au>
Developer, Trinity College, University of Melbourne