Graphic program to manage alternatives

Hi..
I am new here. My name  is Fabio Rafael, but f2r is simple.
I'am writing a graphic gtk2 program to manage alternatives system (like
update-alternatives). My primary target was user who don't link console,
or don't know how to use this. update-alternatives is simple, but some
time can be tricky. And, looking to debian-desktop project, this can be
a good tool .
So, I'm writting here to see what you thing about a program like that.
It's just some pieces of code that don't do anything util until now, but
when I finish my university exams, I ll have more time to finish a 0.1
version.. :P
Suggestions?
--
Fabio Rafael da Rosa <f2r@users.sourceforge.net>