Re: g++/libstdc++-dev [was Re: X Strike Force SVN commit: rev 69 - branches/4.3.0/sid/debian]

On Fri, May 30, 2003 at 08:03:38AM +0200, Matthias Klose wrote:
> [CC ing to debian-gcc, maybe Martin or Phil could comment ...]

I'm /a/ Phil, but dunno whether I'm /the/ Phil you had in mind.  We come
in convenient six-packs now, you know.

Do I even want to ask what an X Strike Force is?

> > Well, uh, so what?  If G++ 3.2 and 3.3 have compatible ABIs, and the
> > standard C++ libraries are compatible at the source level, does the
> > above really matter?
>
> I don'know, if the libraries are compatible at "source level", the
> combination of g++ and library (from the same gcc source) should be.

The standard C++ library is compatible at the source level (i.e., recompiles
should Just Work), with the exception of deprecated stuff and odd extensions.