Re: What makes a debconf?

On Sat, 2003-05-24 at 15:27, Brian May wrote:
> On Fri, May 23, 2003 at 05:25:29PM -0400, Joe Drew wrote:
> > Do we need some method of deciding what constitutes 'the' Debconf?
>
> No, as everyone knows that the only true "Debconf" are the ones in
> Australia, with LCA.

Hehe, preach it brother  ;-)

Maybe a reasonable compromise would be to have 2 'official' debconfs /
year, as 'Debconf North' and 'Debconf South' (as in Northern and
Southern hemisphere). With the last Mini-Conf in Australia attracting
more people than any Debconf so far, it's probably not unreasonable for
the annual Debian Mini-Conf at LCA to be promoted as Debconf South.

That would provide an official Debconf in each hemisphere for people
that need to convince their bosses to send them to one, making it more
attainable (ie: cheaper) but without leaching too much from each other.

Cheers

Jonathan