Re: Maintaining kernel source in sarge

On Fri, May 23, 2003 at 05:58:15PM +1000, Russell Coker wrote:
> That's not a problem, you just have to run diff between the source tree for
> the platform in question and the Linus tree.
This only works if we have a _clean_ kernel-source-2.X.Y package. One of
the reasons why maintaining kernel-patch-2.X.Y-<arch> packages is such a
pain is the asymmetry between i386 and other arches - almost every time
a new kernel-source package is uploaded the kernel-patch-2.X.Y-mips
package has to be rediffed. So the first and maybe most important step
is to have a _clean_ kernel-source-2.X.Y-<arch> package to patch against
(which won't be removed from the archive as long as a single
kernel-patch-2.X.Y-<arch> depends on it). i386 would then just simply be
kernel-patch-2.X.Y-i386.
Regards,
 -- Guido