Re: Accepted directory-administrator 1.3.5-1 (i386 source)

Bernd Eckenfels <lists@lina.inka.de> writes:

> On Wed, May 21, 2003 at 11:55:36PM +0100, Colin Watson wrote:
>> It's much more helpful to write this as:
>
> yes of course, but the question is where the line between helpfulness and
> usefulness is :)
>
> At least I think it is not a good idea to talk about "abuse" if maintainers
> save themself some work. This might have the opposite effet than desired.

Well in that case, let's just use changelog entries like

  * Closes: #1234, #2345, #3456, #4567

That will save developers some work, right?  Or, even better, let's just
drop usage of that work and time-consuming BTS altogether.

To save developers even more work, let's allow them to never test, or
even build, a package before upload.  And, let's not fix security holes
either, because that takes too much effort.

Shall I go on?

--
Poems... always a sign of pretentious inner turmoil.