Re: Debian conference in the US?

Aaron M. Ucko (2003-05-20 13:25:47 -0400) :

> Joe Drew <hoserhead@woot.net> writes:
>
>> While convenient for american developers, there are rather a number
>> of non-american developers who will not set foot on American soil,
>> due in part to the DMCA and (I imagine) the apparent dangers to
>> non-americans coming into the country.
>
> Two of the people I originally contacted said this too, but always
> in the third person.  I ask again, who on this list actually still
> feels this way?

I do.  A combination of DMCA, a certain affinity towards cryptography,
a certain dislike for some of the USA's behaviours (notably on the
international scene), a particular dislike against dissimulating my
opinions especially regarding the previous point, and a large
"République Française" written on my passport, makes me feel I would
not be very welcome in the USA.  That's only my personal opinion
though, and I'm in no way trying to turn anyone from organising a
Debconf in the USA or attending it.

Roland.
--
Roland Mas

Fate always wins...  At least, when people stick to the rules.
  -- in Interesting Times (Terry Pratchett)