Re: Symlinking /usr/share/doc/<package> is not allowed

> Unless someone can convince me that my interpretation of your policy is
> wrong I'll start filing bugs against packages that symlink
> /usr/share/doc/<package> to the directory of another package.

Policy 13.3 says:

    `/usr/share/doc/<package>' may be a symbolic link to another
    directory in `/usr/share/doc' only if the two packages both come
    from the same source and the first package Depends on the second.

That is, symlinking this way is allowed. However, symlinking the
directory of a package coming from another source, is not. I wonder if
any package in Debian does that...

--
Gergely Nagy