Re: Firebird 0.6

Miles Bader <miles@lsi.nec.co.jp> wrote:
>> I've uploaded mozilla-firebird_0.6-1 to my personal apt
>> repository at http://people.debian.org/~eric/debian/.
MB> Looks good, but why the long binary name?
MB> Wouldn't just `firebird' be nicer?

Because it's name is Mozilla Firebird (tm) :)

nikolai@nikolai:~$ apt-cache search firebird
firebird-c32-server - FireBird Classic w/ 32bit I/O - RDBMS based on InterBase 6.0 code
firebird-c64-server - FireBird Classic w/ 64bit I/O - RDBMS based on InterBase 6.0 code
firebird-dev - Development files for FireBird - RDBMS based on InterBase 6.0 code
firebird-examples - Examples for FireBird - RDBMS based on InterBase 6.0 code
firebird-s32-server - FireBird Super w/ 32bit I/O - RDBMS based on InterBase 6.0 code
firebird-s64-server - FireBird Super w/ 64bit I/O - RDBMS based on InterBase 6.0 code
firebird-server-common - Common server files of FireBird-RDBMS based on InterBase 6.0 code
firebird-utils - Utilities for FireBird - RDBMS based on InterBase 6.0 code
libfirebird-c32 - Library files for FireBird Classic w/ 32bit I/O, InterBase compat
libfirebird-c64 - Library files for FireBird Classic w/ 64bit I/O, InterBase compat
libfirebird-s32 - Library files for FireBird Super w/ 32bit I/O, InterBase compat
libfirebird-s64 - Library files for FireBird Super w/ 64bit I/O, InterBase compat
php4-interbase - InterBase (FireBird) module for PHP4
python-kinterbasdb - InterBase/Firebird support for Python
python2.1-kinterbasdb - InterBase/Firebird support for Python
python2.2-kinterbasdb - InterBase/Firebird support for Python
mozilla-firebird - a light-weight browser based on Mozilla

--
Nikolai Prokoschenko
nikolai@prokoschenko.de / Jabber: pronik@jabber.org