Re: Warning: python-apt in testing broken, aptitude users DO NOT UPGRADE

On Sun, May 18, 2003 at 11:29:14PM -0500, Adam Majer wrote:
> On Sun, May 18, 2003 at 10:01:31PM -0500, Taral wrote:
> > Looks like the python2.2 stuff migrated into testing without noticing
> > that it breaks python-apt. Anyone using python-apt (e.g. aptitude users)
> > are advised not to upgrade.
> >
> > Anyone know how exactly the testing scripts managed to miss this
> > breakage?
>
> I'm just guessing here (didn't check yet), but isn't it more likely that
> people just didn't file a bug against python2.2?

python-apt has a very clear set of deps:

Depends: python (>= 2.1), python (<< 2.2), ...

That's NOT satisfied anymore in the current testing.

--
Taral <taral@taral.net>
This message is digitally signed. Please PGP encrypt mail to me.