Re: Where are translated man pages packaged?

On Friday 16 May 2003 11:45 am, Fabio Massimo Di Nitto wrote:
> On Fri, 16 May 2003, Keegan Quinn wrote:
> > > more than once i had to install small dns servers on boxes with less
> > > than 100Mb flash and stuff like that... so basically also the minimal
> > > installation has to be tight.. then rm doc and man and after install
> > > the minimum sets of pkgs to provide the services.
> >
> > Please do not try to force this methodology upon the standard Debian base
> > system.  Administrators of embedded systems have many tools to deal with
> > these problems already, that do not require ever unpacking the full base
> > onto the target.
>
> sorry but i can hardly read from the previous post that i am trying to
> force something to someone. I guess this is just a misunderstanding.

Perhaps the word 'force' was a bit harsh, but it's essentially how it works
for an end-user.  It seemed to me that you were suggesting that the standard
installer should be optimized for embedded systems, which does not sound like
a very good idea.  These systems have many specialized needs which cannot be
easily accounted for.

 - Keegan