Re: Where are translated man pages packaged?

On Thu, 15 May 2003, Wouter Verhelst wrote:

> > When grabbing old mails, I found an answer from a developer who told me
> > that his package is part of base and thus he wants to keep it small.
> > Is this indeed an important issue?
>
> I'd say yes; but those packages will not usually be uninstalled, so I
> see it as no problem to put manpages for packages in base in a
> manpages-xx package.

I agree with Wouter. For me would be an issue having the base system
bigger than it is now. Specially preparing very small "black box" where i
need to save as much space as i can even during the installation phase.

Fabio

(Denis this is nothing against translation.. just a matter of space ;))

--
Our mission: make IPv6 the default IP protocol
"We are on a mission from God" - Elwood Blues

http://www.itojun.org/paper/itojun-nanog-200210-ipv6isp/mgp00004.html