Re: "Bug marked as done" messages to-be-MIMEified?

On Thu, May 15, 2003 at 10:47:34AM -0400, David Z Maze wrote:
> "Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder" <avbidder@fortytwo.ch> writes:
> > (Yes, I've stopped caring about users of a certain other widespread MUA, as
> > you've probably guessed anyway when you notice me using PGP/MIME to sign
> > messages...)
>
> I'm not actually clear how much this is a good thing; at some level,
> we do want people reporting bugs.

Let's not overstate the impact here. Changing the -done acks to include
messages using MIME won't make any difference to people reporting bugs;
it may at most involve one extra step for people who use poor MUAs, but
it's probably no different from the one extra step they need to take
when receiving PGP/MIME-signed mail. On the flip side, it will probably
be much easier to read some acks in reasonably MIME-capable MUAs,
particularly those which contained MIME attachments in the original
report and those which were written in a different character set from
the closing message.

I think on balance it would be worth it.