Re: mailcap next step

W liście z czw, 15-05-2003, godz. 13:00, Wouter Verhelst pisze:
> Here's your error: if you do that, it's not the user who can change his
> browser, but the system administrator. Those two are not always the
> same.

But, does it eliminate my soluton? As you wrote later, user always can
change /etc/mailcap. I didn't wonder how it would be on multi-users
machines but I don't think it could be 'worse'.

On the contrary, for one-user machines it will be very good and fast
solution to make their programs runing apps like they want. The don't
need to wonder what app will be starded, just that what they choose by
update-alternatives. And also, this apps may be different for xwindows
or console.

What is more, everything will be doing automatically.
I think it can be interesting.

Regards,
Marcin
--
      .---,             --:   mcINEK   :--
     /  ,. \   '   T h e   O w l s  a r e  n o t
    |  |  ; ;    W h a t   T h e y   S e e m . . .   '
     \ `._ /        wrote on Debian GNU/Linux SID