Re: noicon.xpm?

* mcINEK <kaioshin@gazeta.pl> [030511 16:59]:
> I think menu with icons (even same debian logos) looks much better than
> menu, where some of programs have icons, and some don't. These are just
> holes, that spoil menu look.
>
> Maybe we could add an option to update-menu such as
> 'use-default-icon'. It will make update-menu to use default icon for
> programs that do not have icon.

I do not think update-menus needs to be changed for this.

Just change the icon() function in /etc/menu-methods/menu.h so that
$icon is changed to ifelse($icon,$icon,"whatever-standard-icon you like")
and run update-menus.

After that all menu-providers using "icon()" should do the right thing.
(This are fvwm,fvwm95, enlightment and kdebase on my woody installation, while
 icewm and qvwm would need a $icon replaced with icon() in their
 menu-methods file. All the other 11 installed wms and menu-providers
 do not seem to use icons at all)

Hochachtungsvoll,
  Bernhard R. Link

--
Sendmail is like emacs: A nice operating system, but missing
an editor and a MTA.