Re: noicon.xpm?

On Fri, May 09, 2003 at 02:42:39PM +0200, mcINEK wrote:
> I was wondering why don't place a default menu icon for apps that haven't
> got their own yet? I think, better place in menu icon like
> (/usr/share/pixmaps/) debian-logo or gnome-debian than don't place
> anything. Another pro is, that icon will be a sing to other maintainers to
> provide a valid icon.

Somehow, I doubt that a generic icon is any more of a message than a
lack of an icon. Filing wishlist bugs or actually providing icons would
be a better idea. There are teams for both Gnome[1] and KDE[2] that are
dedicated to doing art for their desktops and the apps that run on
them. I'm sure they could use some help.

 - David Nusinow

[1] http://art.gnome.org/
[2] http://artist.kde.org/