Re: Font uglifacation after apt-get upgrade

On Mon, 5 May 2003, Marcelo E. Magallon wrote:

>  Look in the archives for debian-x (April and May), I read them a couple
>  of days ago for another reason and saw something along those lines.
Thanks for the hint.  The only interesting hint I've found was to

   apt-get --reinstall install xfonts-base xfonts-100dpi xfonts-75dpi xfonts-scalable

but this did not changed anything.

There were some hints in

about changes in /etc/X11/fs/config .

If this would be really the reason for the problem I would regard this
as a bug.  Moreover I do not have any file /etc/X11/fs/config nor even
a directory /etc/X11/fs on (at least) one of the boxes in question where
I'm facing the problem.

So something more might went wrong.  I might add that in fact KDE-Applications
look unchanged.  I do not use any KDE stuff regularly but I tried after
reading in bug #141332.  This might be an additional hint.

I'm not sure whether bug #141332 should really be closed.

Kind regards

PS: Just for the record in the BTS:  I'm just refering to the thread starting