Re: Font uglifacation after apt-get upgrade

On Thu, 5 Jun 2003, Mateusz Papiernik wrote:

> I found some hint on debian-user-polish. I had the problem too, but
> some weeks ago. I had to uncomment local font server (unix:7100
> or sth) from XF86Config. And as I said, on debian-user-polish
> I found, that commenting line
>
> #       FontPath        "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/Type1"
>
> solves that problem. Try it - maybe it'll help :)
Thanks for the hint.  I just found a solution now which at least solves the
problem but causes further questions:

My old FontPath section was like:

        FontPath        "unix/:7100"                    # local font server
        # if the local font server has problems, we can fall back on these
        FontPath        "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/Type1"
        FontPath        "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/CID"
        FontPath        "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/Speedo"
        FontPath        "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/misc"
        FontPath        "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/cyrillic"
        FontPath        "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi"
        FontPath        "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi"

Now I just moved the line

        FontPath        "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/Type1"

to the end of these entries and all behaves like before.  This makes me happy
in first place but it lets my wonder how I could use Type1 fonts which I really
wanted to use for best rendering of fonts - at least this is my imagination
of Type1 fonts.  May be I'm wrong here.

On the other hand it does not really fix bug #141332 because something happened
what made an existing /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 behave bad.

Any hints from font experts?

Kind regards

        Andreas.