Re: pilot-link in Sid and Sarge: Much bigger question

Matthew Palmer wrote:
> > Perhaps one reason is that fixing enough bugs to get stuff into testing is
> > currently a whack-a-mole job?
> I don't think your proposals will really fix that, since in my experience
> that new version of A probably requires all sorts of new crap from B
> anyway...

Does it, really? Or does it simply have binary dependencies to an unstable
version of B, imposed by B? If one version of A and B has been accepted in
testing, chances are pretty good that the next version of A will compile and
work fine against that old version of B. Most new versions are fixes, either
of bugs or features. Changes that break source level compatibility are rather