Re: Dropping/splitting (proper) i386 support

Hi Nathanael!

You wrote:

> * Drop i386 support mostly.  'i386' architecture becomes 'i486'.
> Start a 'Debian-real-i386' subproject, with a 'real-i386' architecture,
> but don't require that any packages build on it in order to go into
> testing or to release Debian; it would be a bonus architecture, with
> a limited number of packages avaiable.

Sounds reasonable.  I'd rather not drop i386 at all, but I guess
something needs to be done.

BTW: do you have any quantative numbers on the i386/i486 performance
issues (e.g. for openssl)?

--
Kind regards,
| Bas Zoetekouw              | GPG key: 0644fab7                     |