fwctl and ipchains-perl - any takers?

Hello,

(this mail is send to the debian developers and to francis, the upstream
author)

Martin, while maintaining the archive,  contacted me, because he wanted to
remove the orpahaned ipchains-perl module. He noticed, that my fwctl is
depending on it.

Personally I love fwctl and use it on some old stable servers, but I agree
with him that it makes not much sence to maintain the package any longer.

So here is my question, is anybody willing to take over fwctl/ipchains-perl
and add iptables support, or has anybody some ideas what to do?

My perl is a bit rusty, so the started project to migrate it ti iptables was
stopped since I had not much enough time.

I also maintain the required libnetwork-ipv4addr-perl which will be orphaned
if nobody else contacts me on that, too.

upstream: http://indev.insu.com/Fwctl/fwctl.html
bugs: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?pkg=fwctl

Greetings
Bernd