Re: bad postinst in kernel-images

On Wed, Apr 23, 2003 at 01:06:08AM +0200, Wouter Verhelst wrote:

> Also, once the system reboots, depmod is ran too; at that time, it
> provokes no errors, and the system works perfectly afterwards -- yes, I
> tried :-)

Yes, this is true, but if you use initrd (which I use) and the modules.dep
is incorrectly generated, you will probably even not boot, so you cannot
generate modules.dep at boot time :-) Fortunately modules.dep is correctly
generated in spite of the errors/warnings and everything works fine. Thank
you all (especially Herbert Xu) for help.

> wouter at grep dot be

Regards,

Marcel Kolaja
Debian GNU/Linux Power User                         http://www.debian.org/
"If I have trouble installing Linux, something is wrong. Very wrong."
       -- Linus Torvalds