Re: plagiarism of reiserfs by Debian

Keep in mind you're talking to a bunch of people who are amoung the
staunchest free software advocates around.  Unlike you, most of them make
$0 for all their contributions. Your implication that we're somehow
profiting from the removal of credits is ludicrous.  In any case, there is
already a widely accepted defacto standard for credits in software
circles, much as their is in the academic press.  Try sending your next
paper off with the condition that it be pulished only if the journal
prints the names of all the contributors in really big letters together
with a solicitation for money all on a page of its own.

Well maybe if you were Einstein they would publish it.  But ReiserFS is a
long way from being a technical necessity.  In fact its got a reputation
for causing problems.  Noisy licenses (and noisy arguments about noisy
licenses) certainly benefit you; their usefulness to the community is
questionable.

Britton Kerin
__
GNU GPL: "The Source will be with you... always."

Britton Kerin